Sure, we love Social Media. But the fact is, it’s not the only platform available for marketing.
ShopBayofQuinte/ShopCentralHastings.com certainly has a presence on the usual channels. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube all have our content.
But as we look ahead, it’s clear that what worked two years ago just doesn’t have the same allure today.
Here are a few facts about brand reach on social media:
- 1 million Facebook users log in every 60 seconds
- 3.8 million Google search queries every 60 seconds
- 350,000 are scrolling Instagram every 60 seconds
- 188 million emails sent every 60 seconds
- 190 voice smart speakers shipped every 60 seconds
- $999,885 CAD is spent every 60 seconds online
- 45 new music streaming subscriptions every 60 seconds
- The average amount spent on Facebook ads is $1.74 per click
That’s exhausting! As you can see, social media can be noisy and difficult to find your ideal audience. It doesn’t mean it’s a lost cause – building a local marketing strategy will ensure that your business is being found online among all the chatter. Why should your 2020 marketing plan include more than social media?
Think of your marketing like your living situation. Renting can be great in the right circumstance. But don’t you want to own where you live?
Social is like that apartment you live in but don’t love. A website, on the other hand, is that house you own and love. You can build it and improve how you want. Building your brand in social is fleeting, but building the best website for your business means longevity.
The right website, with a winning SEO and promotion strategy will help you bring all the customers to your door.
Because of this, you’ll want to make sure your 2020 marketing plan includes more than social media. You don’t have to abandon it, just add other avenues.
ShopBayofQuinte/ShopCentralHastings wants to work with you to build a digital strategy that is based on the needs of small businesses within our community not on the strategies of international companies.