1) Take a stroll into the downtown core and peruse the boutiques. Trenton retailers offer everything from home decor at Wish Etc., to clothing at Red Shark and Vivacious, to hidden gems at under the radar thrift shops. Indulge in a true French bistro experience at L’Auberge de France or sip a blended smoothie from The Grind Cafe.
2) Stock up at Trenton Delicatessen and enjoy a picnic. The deli has been operating in Trenton for over 35 years, carrying unique European flavours from cheese to salumi, hard-to-find sweets and cookies, and made-to-order sandwiches.
3) Catch a movie at Centre Theatre. It’s hard to beat a movie for $6-8 at an historic theatre with three digital screens and brand new seating (not to mention the best popcorn going!)
4) Dance to the music at an outdoor concert. Quinte West is home to live music four nights each week during the summer, all within walking distance of the Trent Port Marina. For full schedule and locations, click here.
5) Chill out on a riverside patio. The newly developed RiverFront Square is boater-friendly, and home to gorgeous waterfront dining venues at The Port, the River Brake Cafe and Tomasso’s restaurants.
6) Visit the Front Street Farmers’ Market on Thursday and Saturday mornings. Artisans and producers bring their wares to the market, so you can stock up on fresh flowers from Dahlia May Flower Farm to brighten up the boat for a long ride ahead, as well as handmade washcloths to keep things clean, and seasonal fruits and vegetables to snack on.
7) Play a round of mini golf in Centennial Park.
8) Check out the Community’s giant mosaic mural decorating the Community Policing Building in Downtown Trenton. The mural is made up of tiny images of famous people and citizens of the community, important locations and activities.
9) Step back in time at the Heritage Café, located in the historic Town Hall. Have lunch (tax free) and check out the tribute to Carry On Sergeant and Hollywood North.
10) What about trying your luck at a stand up paddle board or kayak rented from One Shot Tactical? Local outdoor adventure company GoActive Ontario also hosts guided tours by SUP, and you can take part in a sunset paddle on many weeknights through the Trenton Rowing and Paddling Club – there’s no shortage of opportunities to keep you on the water in Quinte West!
11) Sample local craft beer at the Gateway Brewing tap room. Owner Nate dreams up seasonal brews on a weekly basis, served alongside Gateway staples like their Farmhouse Ale.
12) Shoot some pool at Stix and Stones. You can also catch live music at this pub on weekends, year round.